Sunday, March 13, 2011

Robby's Tuna Melt


SO, I came home Friday to a great surprise. Robby was making me lunch. I know it is a rare occurrence but he was really putting a lot of effort into it and I was so famished by 2:00 that it was the best thing he could have done for me at the time. Most of the fridge condiments were on the kitchen table and he was working on a Tuna Melt that would incorporate as many of them as possible.

The result was a very good, unique, Tuna Melt that I was very glad to eat. Here is the approximate recipe... Robby correct me if I am wrong.

Robby's Tuna Melt
Serves 2

2 cans albacore tuna, drained
1/2 cup tzatziki
2 tlbs grainy mustard
2 tsp capers
1/2 cup chopped sugar snap peas
1 tlbs sliced green olives stuffed with feta
1 tbls sliced cherry peppers (optional)
1/2 cup grated blue cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
4 slices whole grain bread


Drain the tuna and break it up into a bowl. Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well season with salt and pepper. Top the bread with the tuna mixture and add cherry peppers if you want more spice. Divide the cheese on top of the tuna and broil until brown and bubble.

Of course this recipe taste best when it is made for you unexpectedly by your Husband.

2 comments:

strawberriesinparis said...

That looks so good! Go Robby!

Robert said...

Replace snap peas with celery or cucumber. I just didn't have either of those but wanted a crunch anyhow.