Here are the instructions:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
I have also added a few notes next to some items and thanks to the lead of Chocolate and Zucchini Blogger Clotilde Dusoulier, where I actually found this list, and stared some of my favorites.
I was missing 24 items. Not bad considering I have so much traveling I want to do and I have not been cooking all that long.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros- I made this a few times for Robby for breakfast
4. Steak tartare- On honeymoon in Paris, it was much better than I expected
5. Crocodile- I don't know if it was crocodile or ailgator but I have had it a few time in Florida and also unfortuantly in Scranton, PA. Don't ask why.
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue*
9. Borscht- After a 3 day juice fast that included beet juice I really can't stand anything with beets in it anymore. To bad.
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari* I used to only like it fried but the grilled Calamari at Kali's Court in Fells Point is amazing so now I look for it grilled everywhere.
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses*- I love pretty much any cheese.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes- I worked in the wine indrustry for almost 5 years, I have tried some pretty crazy wine.
19. Steamed pork buns- Only in America, I can't wait to get to Asia.
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries*
23. Foie gras*
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters*- I made myself like them and now it has turned to love.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut- Another Juice from the juice fast, but I still like it with Sausages.
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar- Although I prefer Armenac
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo- Bu tnever a great one, I still have time.
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk- My daughter Aveline drinks this instead of cow's milk.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala- really good at the Himilayan House in Locust Point
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut- fresh and hot is best
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal- not a fan of the beef at McDonald's but unfortuantly I do like the chicken nuggets. I only let myself ge them about once a year.
57. Dirty gin martini*- Robby makes a great martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine- Can't wait to get back to Montreal
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores- I just made some last weekend with Peanut butter cups instead of chocolate while camping in PA.
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
76. Baijiu- Robby loves it at the Korean resturant
77. Hostess Fruit Pie*
78. Snail- Too many in Paris
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef- Only the American Version never the realy stuff.
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab- I eat them whenever I can.
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano*
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta- I really want to learn how to make it the right way not the intant stuff.
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee