Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Anticipation Blog


Here is a quick note about this coming Thursday and the rest of the week for that matter. I have been invited to a food blogger's dinner at Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore by Liz and Nathan Stambaugh who write "What's to Eat Baltimore?". I am very excited about this not only because I have not eaten at Woodberry, (where I plan on ordering; Baked Stuffed Clams Roasted green chile, bacon, bread crumbs, then Brick Oven Roasted Chicken Bread salad, peaches, almonds, tuscan kale, and if there is room Buttermilk Panna Cotta Cinnamon thin, rhubarb gumdrop, blackberries,) but I am excited that my blog is helping me to make new friends. I love food people, they are fun, interesting, opinionated, and there is usually something good to eat around them.

I also have Cook Book Club on Friday. We will be using The Herbal Kitchen by by Jerry Traunfeld and John Granen. My assignment is apps, and I have chosen the warm figs stuffed with bacon and goat cheese (mouth watering yet?). My week is looking good and it might end with a tomato canning day on Sunday. I will take as many pictures as possible and report back soon. Oh, and I need a name for my Cook Book Club which has been meeting for over a year now so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok your making me very hungry already for tomorrow.
How about "Edible Pages" for your club?

Anonymous said...

Like those menu choices for Woodberry Kitchen. I'm looking forward to eating there someday. Also looking forward to hearing about the bloggers dinner from you.

Keswickian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keswickian said...

Oh have fun, I absolutely love Woodbury, the flatbreads are wonderful. I hope you got the orange ice cream. Say hi to Nathan from us, we just got our beef last week. Friday I've decided to make pork and pears, should be interesting.