Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cook Book Club- Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook's Essential Companion




The idea for this blog starting with my, as yet to be named, cook book club in Baltimore. I started this club last year with a few friends to cook and explore some of the many cook books that I a have wanted to try. The first book was Lee Brothers Southern Living Cook Book and a few rules were given. Each month the rotating host will pick a cookbook that the members are to cook out of. Each person is assigned a course to cook and they bring the ingredients to the host's house and we cook together, learning and making mistakes. I am going to put a list of the books that we have used up later. The pictures here are from June's cook book club Fish Without a Doubt by Rick Moonen which was also Gourmet magazine's book of the month.


Potato leek fish stew,, and the sangria drink that I made (maybe a little to strong).


Shrimp toasts, a first for me, wonderful.
Soft shell crabs! I love living in Maryland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had shrimp toast, but I have had crab toast. When I lived out in the Hamptons a friend would visit from Maryland and treat us to it. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

The inspiration:

“Cheese is the soul of the soil. It is the purest and most romantic link between humans and the earth.” Pierre Androuet.

The challenge:

GK Chesterton: “The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.”

Voila: www.tastingtoeternity.com.

This book is a poetic view of 30 of the best loved French cheeses with an additional two odes to cheese. Recipes, wine pairing, three short stories and an educational section complete the book.

A unique and amusing Christmas present for all food lovers

Enjoy